Jesus commanded us to "love one another". We want to obey that commandment in a practical way so that the whole church family is involved in care.
- we should all make newcomers to worship feel welcome and that we should all get to know the names of those who sit near us.
- we will continue to encourage the actions of friends who already give loving support to others in time of need and crisis.
- we aim to extend pastoral visits beyond those who are acutely ill or housebound to the whole family of the Church.
- everyone should feel a responsibility towards others who are sick or absent from worship for a few weeks or need a visit for other reasons. Secondly we should take action by informing the pastoral care team.
- we shall provide the opportunity for everyone to turn to somebody who will be able to provide a listening ear when it is needed, with the assurance that the pastoral care given will be provided in a professional manner and that confidence will be respected.
- the members of the pastoral care team will be able to call on other resources when necessary.
The Pastoral Care Team:
The team consists of members of the Church who have each received appropriate training and who meet together regularly with the Pastor.
Mrs. Val Wright (Tel: 01844 345014)